Each year, the Ostrom Workshop provides Research Awards to IU Graduate Students with diverse backgrounds and research interests. These awards are meant to help graduate students significantly improve their dissertations or theses.
Here’s what you should know:
- Applications are restricted to graduate students affiliated with the Workshop (current or past recipients of Ostrom Fellowships or Research Awards), or students working closely with an active Workshop Affiliate. We accept one application per person a year.
- Award budgets are limited to $3,500.
- All research awardees are required to present at the Research Series unless they have presented before.
Funding decisions are made by an interdisciplinary committee of affiliated faculty which is selected annually.
The Research Award Committee will review applications based on, but not limited to, these criteria:
- Previous active participation in the intellectual community of the Workshop (e.g., regular attendance at Colloquium and Research Series, participation in or creation of a Working Group)
- Alignment of proposed research with Workshop programs
- Diversity in terms of discipline, methodology, and substantive area
- Potential for significantly enhancing dissertations and theses
- Productive use of previous Workshop funding, if applicable