Eligible IU graduate students are those affiliated with the Ostrom Workshop (current or past recipients of Ostrom Fellowships or Research Awards) or students working directly with active IU-based Workshop Affiliates.
Budget Limit: $3,500
- Applications Due: March 20, 2023
- Decisions: April 10, 2023
- Awards begin: May 1, 2023
- Progress Report (form): December 1, 2023
- Awards Close: April 30, 2024
- Final Report (form): May 10, 2024
Graduate student application dossiers include two steps:
- One-page letter of support from a current IU-based Workshop Affiliate submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please complete and compile the following five documents in the order listed below into a single PDF file, and send to email@example.com by March 17 with subject line LAST NAME, Graduate Student Research Award YEAR
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose/Project Objectives (2 pages max) to include:
- Research abstract that succinctly summarizes the research question and proposed research (please pay particular attention to research design);
- Paragraph explaining the relevance of the project to one or more Ostrom Workshop research programs; and
- List of faculty, program affiliates, and graduate students involved in the project, if applicable; and Statement of how this project fits into your degree program.
- One-page itemized budget. Please note that awards cannot be used to fund graduate student stipend.
- One-page Budget Narrative and Statement of Supplementary/Future Funding to include:
- Description of items requested in the itemized budget;
- List of any sources of other funding that might be used to supplement Ostrom Workshop funding;
- Statement regarding how this project will enhance the likelihood of any external funding opportunities. Please list specific programs within external funding agencies rather than just listing the agencies; and
- Statement regarding what previous research funding the applicant has received from the Ostrom Workshop and what grants or publications that funding contributed to.