Application Deadline: March 21, 2022
The Ostrom Workshop invites applications to the Ostrom Research Awards. Each year, the Ostrom Workshop provides Research Awards to IU Graduate Students with diverse backgrounds and research interests. The purpose of these awards is to help graduate students aim at significantly improving their dissertations or theses.
All ABD research awardees are required to present at the Research Series unless they have presented in previous years.
Applications are restricted to graduate students affiliated with the Workshop (current or past recipients of Ostrom Fellowships or Research Awards), or students working closely with an active Workshop Affiliate. We accept one application per person a year.
NOTE: Postdocs should apply as graduate students.
Research Award Budget Limits:
Graduate Student Research Awards: $3,500
Funding decisions will be made by the Ostrom Workshop’s Research Award Committee, an interdisciplinary committee of affiliated faculty members selected each year.
Criteria for Research Award selection include but are not limited to:
- Active participation in the intellectual community of the Workshop (e.g., regular attendance at Colloquium and Research Series for at least one year, participation in or creation of a Working Group)
- Alignment of proposed research with Workshop programs
- Diversity in terms of discipline, methodology, and substantive area
- Potential for significantly enhancing dissertations and theses
- Productive use of previous Workshop funding, if applicable