Job and Internship Announcements
- Research Associate (“Postdoctoral Researcher”) Position: Decision Making in Social-Environmental Systems and its Effects on Public Health and Forest Outcomes, Center for the Governance of Natural Resources, Institute of Behavioral Science, University of Colorado, Boulder. For more details and to apply, please visit https://www.jobsatcu.com/postings/95379
- US Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Research & Development, Washington Office, Outreach Notice: Forest Service Research & Development will soon be advertising a position to provide national leadership to the watershed management and restoration research program. This position will be publicly advertised in the near future. To apply for the position, you must do so through www.usajobs.gov, where it will also be advertised.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunities, beginning August or September 2015 and focusing on land-cover, social, and livelihood impacts of (1) large-scale land transactions and (2) forest sector investments in sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America, School of Natural Resources and Environment, University of Michigan (deadline April 15, 2015).
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD / Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience (P.R.I.M.E.). With this new programme and funding from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the European Union1 the DAAD provides support for international mobility for postdocs. Postdoctoral researchers of all nationalities, who see their long-term career in Germany, will be given the opportunity to combine the association with a German university with a research stay abroad.
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research. Links to recently posted jobs at CGIAR centers.
Fellowships and Grants
- Call for PEER Research Pre-Proposals 2014/2015. Partnerships for Enhanced Engagement in Research (PEER) program is once again accepting proposals from developing country researchers interested in collaborating with counterparts who are funded by selected U.S. Government-supported agencies.
- Grants.gov is the place to FIND and APPLY for federal grants.
- ERC Starting Grants, European Research Council. To help early-career top researchers of any nationality in all fields of research, including social sciences and humanities, to pursue innovative ideas at the frontiers of knowledge. Applicants must be working—or moving to work—in host institutions in Europe. Deadline: annually in the fall.
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program: Institute of International Education. For mid-career scholars from developing countries to spend a year at selected US universities. Deadline: varies by eligible country.
Conferences and Workshops
- Richard Wesley Conference on Environmental Politics & Governance, University of Washington, Seattle, May 14–16, 2015
- 15th Biannual International Conference of the International Association for the Study of the Commons (IASC), Edmonton, Alberta, May 25–29, 2015
- Call for abstracts and papers as part of a panel at Second International Conference on Public Policy (ICPP), Catholic University of Sacro Cuore, Milan, Italy, July 1–3, 2015
- IACFS Conference, "Revisiting Unity and Diversity in Federal Countries: Changing Concepts, Reform Proposals and New Institutional Realities," Montréal, Canada, October 2–3, 2015. Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for proposals: April 10, 2015.
- 2nd WINIR International Conference, World Interdisciplinary Network for Institutional Research, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, September 10-13, 2015.
Ongoing Grant Opportunities
- American Association of University Women
- American Council of Learned Societies
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Ford Foundation
- Fulbright Program
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Global Fund for Women
- The Inter-American Foundation (IAF). Funding for the self-help efforts of grassroots groups in Latin America and the Caribbean to improve living conditions of the disadvantaged and the excluded, enhance their capacity for decision-making and self-governance, and develop partnerships with the public sector, business and civil society. Awards between $25,000 and $400,000. Deadline: anytime, only one proposal per group per year.
- International Community Foundation
- International Development Research Centre
- International Federation of University Women
- International Foundation for Science
- International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX)
- Kellogg Foundation
- MacArthur Foundation
- McDonnell Foundation
- Mellon Foundation
- National Science Foundation. Political Science Program - PD 98–1371. Deadlines (annually): August 15, January 15. Economics Program - PD 98–1320. Deadlines (annually): August 18, January 18.
Dynamics of Coupled Natural and Human Systems (CNH). Deadline: Full Proposal Deadline Date: November 20, 2012. Third Tuesday in November, annually thereafter.
- Open Society Foundations
- Packard Foundation
- Tinker Foundation
Fellowships and Grants for Grads and Post-Docs Only
- AuthorAID is a pioneering program based at the International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP) intended to help researchers in developing countries to publish and otherwise communicate their work.
- UNDP Climate Change Profiles for Developing Countries: http://country-profiles.geog.ox.ac.uk/
- Integrated Public Use Microdata Series: Minnesota Population Center. Census data from 35 countries.
- International Relations and Security Network, featuring grey literature, daily briefings, books, journals, etc. Based at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich.
- CIESIN, state-of-the-art Web portal, the World Data Center (WDC) for Human Interactions in the Environment, at http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/wdc/
- The USAID Natural Resources Management Office (NRMO) has an online library comprised of the agency's projects related to biodiversity, forestry, land management and water. With summary information of more than 450 projects, the NRM online library provides users with seamless links to technical documents and current NRM initiatives related to tourism, poverty reduction, and geographic information systems (GIS). It is designed to assist USAID mission staff, contractors, and implementing partners with project planning, decision making, and research relevant to natural resource management in international development. The library is accessible through http://www.nric.net/.
- Academic Keys: Source for academic employment and professional resources in higher education.